You can access the OSP Notes page by clicking the OSP Notes tab from an opened item. This page is only visible to people with access to SPAERC. You can use this page to:
- Enter notes for the item.
- View all the OSP Notes for the item.
- View system-generated notes for holds or assignments.
Note: The OSP Notes History section at the bottom of the main FA or PAC page is visible to both SPAERC and SERA users, and contains some of the OSP Notes information. In an eGC1 application, the OSP Notes also display at the bottom of the Control Sheet.
To add an OSP note
- From the open application, click the OSP Notes tab.
- In the Notes field, enter your comments. You can then click the Reset button to clear the text or click Save to keep the note.
- After clicking Save, the page will refresh and display the newly-added comment. Once you add a note, you cannot edit or delete it.
The Application OSP Notes History displays the details of four types of actions: status changes, assignments, holds, and notes directly added.
A Funding Action may also have a note with a type of “GCA Update.” This indicates that GCA has edited a field. The note text will indicate the change. For example, Budget Details Location changed from [Award documents] to [eGC1 Attachments].
- Date: when the action occurred.
- Type: what action generated the entry.
- Entered by: the person taking the action.
- Status: shows the value that resulted from the action taken.
- Assigned to: for an assignment change, the new person.
- OSP Note Text: system-generated comments or ones directly entered.
A single action can result in multiple entries on the OSP Notes page. For example, the scenario below shows:
- The application reached In OSP status since the last campus reviewer approved it
- The owner (David) withdrew the application
- When the owner re-completed the application, the system logged three entries:
- a. An assignment to the OSP reviewer as part of the re-completion (indicated as SPAERC Administrator)
- b. An initial change of status from Withdrawn to Routing
- c. A second change of status from Routing to In OSP once the system re-assessed the approval flow and noted that all campus approvals were still complete following the withdrawal