The Basic Cycle Data includes information common to the competing segment or project: the PI, Sponsor, the Short Title, and the Organization receiving funding. All of this information is populated in the Cycle from the first item added to the Cycle.
Basic Cycle Data also includes:
- Cycle ID: assigned by the system, unique to each Cycle.
- PI: The name of the PI responsible for this Cycle of research, copied from the first item added to this cycle.
- Sponsor: The name of the funding sponsor for this Cycle of research, copied from the first item added to this cycle.
- Description: You can enter a brief description of the Cycle and provide detail than in the Short Title.
- File Location: As of November 2013, this is always File.
- Cycles created prior to January 2009 may have assignments other than File. If you assign one to File, however, you cannot reassign it. (The system automatically assigned cycles created between January 2009 and November 2013 to e-Shelf. In November 2013, we updated these Cycle assignments to File via a data clean-up process.)
- Related Cycles: If one or more cycles are related to the Cycle you are viewing, a drop-down appears that allows you to change which cycle you’re viewing. To disassociate the two cycles, click Delete Relationship.
- Total Awarded: This displays the total Awarded amount from the Funding Actions in this Cycle with a status of Processed.
- Total All Related Cycles (Awarded): This displays the total awarded amount from all Funding Actions in this and Related Cycles (if any) with a status of Processed.
- Are all eGC1s or funding actions related to this cycle currently in SPAERC? Answer no if there are paper documents associated with this cycle that pre-date the eGC1s and funding actions.
- Relationships: Use the Add to Cycle link to add items as children of the cycle (see Add Items to Cycles); To associate one cycle with another, click Relate Cycle (see Relating Cycles).
- To lock the Cycle Detail Page, click the lock icon . This makes the Basic Cycle Data read-only. When you lock the Cycle, the system saves any changes you have made.
- To save changes and continue editing, click the Save icon .
- To close the cycle and return to the last Tasklist viewed, you can click either the Save & Close this Cycle tab or Back to SPAERC Tasklist. Both of these actions will save any changes you have made.
You can edit the PI, sponsor, short title, and description fields from Basic Cycle Data. This does not affect the Items in the cycle; their original values will remain unchanged.
- From the Cycle Detail page of the open Cycle, click the Unlock icon .
- Edit the fields as needed.
Note: You do not need to unlock the Cycle to make changes to cycle relationships and Item relationships.