You can find a Cycle through an associated item such as an application or funding action. If you know the cycle number, however, or pertinent cycle details such as the sponsor, organization receiving funding, PI, title, etc., you can use the search function available from the Cycle Tasklist to find and open a cycle.
To search for a Cycle
- Click the Cycles tab, and then click Search from the Cycles Tasklist.
- Fill in any of the following Search Criteria that you know:
- Cycle Number (with or without the leading ‘C’, e.g., “C1456” or “1456”)
- Short Title: Enter any of the words or string of letters contained in the short title. You must enter at least three characters.
- PI Name: Enter any name or string of letters contained in the principal investigator’s name. You must enter at least two characters.
- Org Receiving Funding code: Enter the beginning portion or the entire organizational code as listed in the FIN Index. You must enter at least the first three numbers. Org Receiving Funding name: Enter any of the words or string of letters contained in the name of the organization receiving funding. You must enter at least three characters.
- Sponsor Name: Enter any of the words or string of letters contained in the sponsor name. You must enter at least two characters.
- Click Search again. A list of items matching the custom search criteria will display, and the Search area will close.
- When you have located the correct Cycle in the search results, click the Cycle ID to open the Cycle.