Generally, we refer to anyone who appears on the SAGE approval flow as a reviewer. More specifically, reviewers are either Approvers or Watchers.
- Approvers must sign off (electronically) on the eGC1.
- Watchers simply monitor the status of an eGC1; they do not approve the eGC1.
The system determines the reviewers of an application based on one or more of the following eGC1 values:
- Principal Investigator
- Organization code receiving funding
- Any additional research personnel
- Cost sharing information
- Answers to certain compliance questions
UW business units assign specific reviewer roles to individuals in ASTRA. The current academic unit roles are
- Division Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Department or Center Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Dean’s Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs (Tacoma, Bothell)
- Vice Chancellor Admin Services (Tacoma, Bothell)
Most units designate more than one reviewer. The system only requires one of the reviewers to approve the eGC1.