The following table describes the Admin Action fields common to all types of actions.
|Admin Action Number
||A unique identification number the system assigns automatically at creation. The number remains the same when action type is changed, but its prefix changes to indicate the action type:
- Unidentified Admin Action (AA)
- Funding Action (FA)
- Pre-Award Notification (PAN)
- Post-Award Change (PAC)
- Close Out (CO)
- Non-Award Agreement (NAA)
The Admin Action number displays at the top of each page.
|Parent Item Number
||The number for the parent of the action. If you created the action from the parent item, the system automatically populates this value. If not, use the look up button to select a parent.
||Status can be:
- In OSP – default status at creation
- Approved – Click Approve in the left navigation menu to change an action to “Approved.”
- Denied – Click Deny in the left navigation menu to change an action to “Denied.”
- Duplicate – Click Mark as Duplicate in the left navigation menu to change the action to “Duplicate.”
|Currently assigned to individual
||Initially, the person who created the item. The “Assign” button opens a pop-up you can use to reassign the item, add an OSP note, and view the Assignment History.
- Short Title
- Principal Investigator
- Cost Center Receiving Funding
- Sponsor Award Number
|This data comes from the parent item. If you change these values on the Admin Action, they will not copy back to the parent item. Note that when GCA saves a PAC, the Short Title changes to all uppercase.
||This shows the attached documents for the action.
- Click the icons or “attachments” link to view details of current attachments.
- Click View to view a specific attachment.
If the action is unlocked for editing, you will have the option to upload attachments by clicking Add New Attachment.
Note: the system may not allow you to changing an Admin Action that has attachments to a Funding Action if the attachment types are other than Internal (UW) Documents. A validation message will display: “This action currently has attachments of an invalid type for the selected action type. Please correct the attachment types, choose a different action type or create a new action.”
||You can include any additional information here. If you selected “Other” on the checkbox list, use Comments to provide an explanation. You can edit or add to the Comments as needed. They can also be displayed on the tasklist.
Once you have created an unidentified Admin Action, you can convert it to the type of action you need. You should always convert an unidentified Admin Action to a specific type before approving it.
To change the Action Type
Hover over the Change Action Type button, and select the specific action type from the list, for example, Pre-Award Notification.
The page will refresh to display the type of Admin Action you selected. The item number stays the same, but the page section name and action number prefix change to match the type you selected.
Immediately after you change the type of action, you can enter data into the available fields on the page. After you save and close the item the first time, you will need to unlock it to add or change information on the page.
To delete an item in SPAERC, you must have the OSP System Admin ASTRA role.
For Admin Actions, you can delete one
- regardless of status
- with or without a parent
- whether or not it is in a Cycle
You can create an admin action in three ways:
The best way to create an Admin Action is from a parent item. When you create an Admin Action from a parent item, the system automatically populates some fields with details from the parent item. An Application, Cycle, or Funding Action might be the parent of an Admin Action.
In rare situations, you may need to create an Admin Action without a parent. For example, OSP may receive notification of funding before the research team has submitted an eGC1. In this case, you can create an Admin Action, convert it to a Funding Action, and then make the FA a child of the application as soon as the eGC1 is complete and In OSP.
To create an Admin Action from the Tasklist of a Parent Item
- Click the appropriate tab for the parent item. For example, if the parent is an application, click the Applications tab.
- Locate the parent item on the tasklist, and click the Actions + button located in the right-most tasklist column.
- In the button’s drop-down menu, select Create New Action.
The new Unidentified Admin Action will display. The system will assigned it a unique number with a prefix of AA and the action will inherit basic project details from its parent.
To create an Admin Action from within the Parent Item
If you have already opened the parent Application or Funding Action, select the Admin Actions tab, and click the Create New Admin Action link to create a new unidentified Admin Action.
To create an Admin Action from the Administration Tab
Hover over the Administration tab, and select Create new Admin Action from the drop-down menu.
After you create the Admin Action, you can look up and select a parent for it. If the parent is:
- A new cycle, the system will copy the project details from the Admin Action to the cycle.
- An existing cycle, the cycle’s data values for Short Title, Sponsor, Org Receiving Funding, and Sponsor Award Number will replace those of the action. The PI specified on the Admin Action will not change.
- An existing eGC1, the project details from the eGC1 will replace those of the Admin Action.
- An existing Funding Action, the system will copy project details from the FA to the Admin Action.
You can change any Funding Action or Admin Action in Approved, Denied, Duplicate, or Returned by GCA status back to In OSP status. Use the In OSP link on the left navigation menu to start the process.
A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to change the status, reassign the item, and add comments if desired.
Add any explanatory comments you wish, reassign the item if necessary, then click on the In OSP button to complete the process. The pop-up window will close, and the item details page will refresh showing the new status.
Note: If you change an Admin Action assigned to the location File back to In OSP status, the system displays a warning message, which reads:
“An Admin Action with status of In OSP may not be assigned to File. Please modify the status or the assignment.”
To complete the process, you will need to reassign the Admin Action to a value other than File.