An incoming subaward is when another institution (pass-through entity) receives funding and issues a subaward to the UW (subrecipient) for a portion of the project.
Review information for setting up an incoming subaward.
You can request an outgoing subaward via SAGE once you have received your prime award and the associated UW budget number.
- Gain practice using the self directed subaward scenarios in the SAGE training site.
- Review the SAGE Subaward Quick Guide
- Register to attend a Subawards in SAGE or Subaward Fundamentals training course
Create and Submit Requests in SAGE:
Login to SAGE and select the “subawards” tab.
- Is this a new subaward? Use “create subaward”
- Is an existing subaward being amended? Use “create modification”
- Include Ariba Contract Request (CR) or Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) number
- Attach required documents
- Submit to the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
NEW subaward requests must have:
- Letter of Intent (LOI) or subrecipient face page signed by authorizing official
- Subaward Scope of Work (SOW) that includes background info/objectives and a clear description of the work to be performed
- Detailed budget on prime sponsor budget form or spreadsheet, and
- Budget Justification that ties specifically to the budget line items.
Modification requests must include backup documents for the requested changes.
- Is funding being added? Provide a detailed budget.
- Is the Scope of Work being changed? Provide a new Scope of Work.
The subrecipient negotiated F&A rate agreement may also be required.
Forms, Tools, and Resources
- Outgoing Subaward Roles and Responsibilities
- Subrecipient Certification Form – Project Specific
- New Subrecipient Entity Certification Form
- Subaward Contacts – FDP Attachment 3B
- IT Connect: ASTRA Access Management
- Procurement Services: Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO)
- Subawards Documents Tracker
- Subrecipient, Vendor, or Consultant?
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- What is a Subaward and a Subrecipient?