Equipment and Materials
Considerations for equipment and materials at the end of an award and closeout of research project.
Final Equipment Inventory Report
Final Equipment Inventory reports (aka closeout property reports) list all property purchased under a sponsored program. This includes property under subrecipients and subcontractors regardless of ownership. UW’s Equipment Inventory Office (EIO) prepares and submits closeout reports within 45 to 90 calendar days after the completion date of the award.
There are two types of reports:
- Closeout Positive Property Report: an inventory listing all property purchased or furnished under the grant or contract regardless of ownership.
- Closeout Negative Property Report: a report indicating that UW bought no property under the grant or contract.
EIO works with the Principal Investigator and the department to resolve any inventory adjustments or liability determinations prior to submitting the closeout report to the sponsor.
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Considerations
- Researchers and their teams will need to review and complete the Moving Out Checklist in section 10 of the UW Laboratory Safety Manual to fulfill their health and safety obligations.
- Ensure that Radiation Use Authorizations are updated, inactivated, or terminated.
- Arrange for collection of remaining chemical inventory.
Forms, Templates, and Resources
Policy, Procedure, and Guidance
- GIM 39 – Closeout of Sponsored Programs
- APS 61.1 Equipment Inventory Management
- Equipment Inventory Regulations
- UW Equipment Policies
- Equipment Inventory: Closeout Reporting
- Equipment Disposal for Federal Awards
- Equipment Disposal
- Closeout Reporting
- End of Award / Budget Review Checklist
- EH&S: Notice of Laboratory Moveout
- EH&S: Chemical Waste Collection Request (online)