Faculty Effort Certification
The Federal government requires that charges to Federal awards for salaries and wages must be based on records that accurately reflect the work performed.
For the UW faculty this is accomplished through the Faculty Effort Certification (FEC) reports. These reports provide the supporting documentation for salaries directly charged to sponsored projects plus effort related to meeting cost shared commitments/requirements. Without the FEC reports, the salaries are considered unsupported and therefore, unallowable.
- Department administrators set up ASTRA role of “Certify Self” for faculty in the eFEC system
- Faculty provide department administrators percentage of effort to be charged to sponsored research
Policy, Regulation, and Guidance
- CORE: Salary Limitations – Salary Cap Audience: Experienced FEC coordinators/Administrators
- CORE: Salary Limitations – K Awards Audience: Experienced FEC coordinators/Administrators
- CORE: Using the Tools – Calculators, Worksheets and Reports
- CORE: Faculty Effort and Cost Share – Calculate it Right!
- CORE: Modifying an FEC, Change Outside eFECS and Recertifications
- CORE: Modifying an FEC Using Comments and Adjusting Cost Sharing
- CORE: Introduction to Grant and Contract Certification (GCCR)
- CORE: Managing Faculty Effort
- CORE: Electronic Faculty Effort Certification (eFECS) for FEC Coordinators
- CORE: Introduction to Faculty Effort Certification