The proposal, developed and written in the Plan/Propose stage, should either include or reference the detailed methodology to be used in the research. In the Setup stage, preparations should be made so that research operations may begin on time, especially those beginning early in the project.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is responsible for the overall methodological approach to the research question.
- Each co-investigator may be responsible for methodologies they will employ.
- Other research team members may be responsible for specific assay methodologies.
- Ensure the availability of materials, equipment, personnel, and other resources necessary to conduct the research.
- Adjust protocols based on results of preliminary work (if any).
- Finalize the details of statistical methodology to be used.