Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring (PAESMEM)
PAESMEM is the highest honor bestowed upon mentors who work to expand STEM talent. The National Science Foundation (NSF) administers the honorary awards program on behalf of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP). OSTP selects both individuals and organizations to receive the honor. Each awardee receives $10,000 and a presidential citation at a White House ceremony, among other activities and recognition events held in Washington.
- 2019 – Eve Riskin, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2016 – Daniel T. Schwartz, Chemical Engineering
- 2011 – Michelle Williams, Epidemiology (Affiliate Faculty)
- 2004 – Richard Ladner, Computer Science & Engineering
- 2003 – Denice Denton, Electrical Engineering (former faculty, deceased)