Account Creation and Management
Table of Contents
Zipline users must complete a one page self-registration in order to:
- Access the system
- Submit an IRB application or request to use a non-UW IRB
- Be added to an existing application
- Provide faculty advisor sign-off
A UW NetID and password are required to access Zipline.
- Members of the UW community who don’t have a UW NetID can request one from UW IT
- Unaffiliated users need a sponsored UW NetID, which can be sponsored by any current UW faculty or staff member
1. Access the Zipline website
2. Login with your UW NetID and password
3. Confirm that any pre-filled fields are correct and complete the required fields (denoted by a red asterisk *)
- If you cannot find your preferred department or division, please select the closest option (which may be your school or college). If there is no acceptable option, please email email@example.com
- SEARCH TIP: The search filter only returns items that begin with the entered word. To find items that have the desired word anywhere (not just at the beginning), use the wild card character %. For example, typing education returns nothing from the list. However, typing % education returns all departments and schools containing the word “education.”
4. Complete any other information you wish to provide to HSD in the optional fields.
5. Click OK to complete the self-registration.
You can update your user profile at any time after self-registration.
Zipline is web-based, so it only requires an internet connection, a computer or other internet-connected device, and a UW NetID and password to access.
Currently, there is no mobile version or app available, and there will be slight differences in how documents download and open depending on the browser that is used.
To login, visit the UW Zipline landing page.
All registered Zipline users are able to update profile information, including name, title, department, and contact information, at any time. Profile information applies to your Zipline account as a whole, and cannot be adjusted on a study by study basis.
Your UW NetID and password are used to login to Zipline. Your password can only be changed by changing your UW NetID Password.
1. Click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select My Profile
2. Under Next Steps, click Edit Details
3. Make any needed updates to your name, title, department (employer), email, phone, or address and click Save and OK
* If you don’t see your changes immediately, log out of Zipline and then log back in