Assign PI Proxy
The Principal Investigator (PI) can assign a proxy who can perform all actions normally restricted to the PI on a study, such as submitting the application to HSD, submitting modifications and continuing review, and copying a previously created study. A proxy receives e-mail notifications from the IRB system whenever the PI and primary contact receive them.
A proxy must be a member of the study team. For more information on adding someone to the study team, see Updating the Study Team.
The PI retains the ability to perform all PI actions and can add or remove the proxy role at any time.
1. Click Assign PI Proxy in the study workspace
2. Click the ellipsis
3. Select one or more team members to act as proxy
- NOTE: If the intended PI proxy does not appear on the list, make sure that the person has been added to the study team. See Updating the Study Team.
4. Click OK in the Select Person slide in and in the Assign PI Proxy popup window
- The PI proxy is now listed in the study workspace