Some items you used to route as an eGC1 will instead route as a Modification Request in SAGE.
When will I need to use an eGC1?
- Pre-applications, Pre-proposals, Letters of Intent / Interest
- Proposals (New and Application for Supplemental)
- Revised applications
- Transfer to UW
- After-the-Fact proposals/awards
- Non-award agreements and Non-award agreement continuations
You will no longer create these eGC1 types after the SAGE release:
- Non-competing renewal
- Supplement and extension
- Federal Data Repositories: requests to access or certifications for submitting data to a repository
When will I need to create a Modification Request in SAGE?
Requests for changes to an award set up in Workday Finance will require a Modification Request in SAGE.
Some examples of when you will need to use a Modification Request:
- Change of Key Personnel
- Modification awarding additional funding, even when additional funding exceeds amount on original eGC1
- PI needs additional time added to end of project
- Change in scope of work (change in direction, aims, objectives, purpose)
- Additional compliance requirements not in an earlier eGC1, such as animal or human subjects or cost share
- When award exceeds 25% or more of original eGC1 amount
- Progress reports that require OSP signature or submission such as NIH non-SNAP RPPRs
- Sponsor requests related to progress reports that require OSP signature or submission, such as non-SNAP Progress Report Additional Materials (PRAM) and Interim Report Additional Materials (IRAM)
- Transferring funding between Award Lines – when sponsor approval is not required, create a GCA-only Modification Request that will go directly to GCA
- Federal Data Repositories: requests to access or certifications for submitting data to a repository will also require a Modification Request
The following forms will still be required along with the SAGE Modification Request:
- Change of PI form
- Extension form
- End of Award Request form
- F&A Waiver form