eGC1s are required for:
- Pre-applications, Pre-proposals, Letters of Intent / Interest requiring authorized official (AO) submission/sign-off or that contain budget details.
- Internal GIM 19 deadlines apply.
- Proposals (competing and supplemental) for Research, Instruction and Other Sponsored Activity.
- Non-competing renewals (e.g. progress reports) requiring AO submission/sign-off.
- Revised applications: replacing most or all of previously submitted proposal.
- After-the-Fact proposals/awards: Review GIM 1, ATF eGC1s
- Non-award agreements (NAAs): such as data use agreements (DUA), confidentiality agreements (CDA), material transfer agreements (MTA) and unfunded research agreements, etc. Review Agreement Types for more information.
- Review NAA eGC1 instructions
Even if there is an eGC1 on file, OSP requires another eGC1 when:
- The total amount of the award exceeds the total amount on associated eGC1(s) by 25% or more.
- PI or sponsor determines there is a significant change in scope of work:
- A change in direction, aims, objectives, purposes, or types of research.
- Addition of compliance requirements not in an earlier eGC1, such as animal or human subjects or cost share.
OSP will determine if unique situations not described here require an eGC1.