Sponsored Programs and Non-Award Agreements related to an active or pending sponsored program, or designed to result in a sponsored program require an eGC1.
Review more information on Sponsored Program determination:
- Sponsored Program Indicators
- Sponsored Program or Service?
- GIM 34: Classification of External Support as Either a Sponsored Program or a Gift
eGC1s are required for:
- Pre-applications, Pre-proposals, Letters of Intent / Interest requiring authorized official (AO) submission/sign-off or that contain budget details.
- Internal GIM 19 deadlines apply.
- Proposals (competing and supplemental) for Research, Instruction and Other Sponsored Activity.
- This includes when a PI is applying for additional funding for year 3, or applying for an administrative supplement.
- Revised applications replacing most or all of a previously submitted proposal.
- Transfer from another institution
- After-the-Fact proposals/awards: Review GIM 1, ATF eGC1s
- Non-award agreements (NAAs) and Non-award agreement continuations: Review Agreement Types for more information.
OSP will determine if unique situations not described here require an eGC1.