This training fulfills the Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) training requirement for Investigators* participating in Public Health Service (PHS) sponsored research at the University of Washington. The purpose of the training is to inform Investigators of:
- Signficant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosure requirements,
- The University of Washington’s FCOI Policy,
- The PHS 2011 revised FCOI regulation.
*The definition of an “Investigator” includes the Principal Investigator (PI) and any other person (regardless of title or position) that the PI identifies as being responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of University research.
Who is required to take this training?
Investigators participating in, or applying for, PHS-sponsored research are required to complete this training for compliance with PHS regulations. However, all UW personnel participating in research are encouraged to complete this training module (UW NetID is required to login).
Summary of the requirement
- Only Investigators participating in, or applying for, PHS-sponsored research must complete this training prior to the expenditure of funds on any newly-funded projects (e.g., new or continuation awards) received on or after August 24, 2012.
- Current PHS awards are not subject to these new requirements until the next non-competing continuation award is funded.