The following list represents a selection of questions to ask yourself when preparing your eGC1 for submission.
- When a sponsor system is involved (e.g. Research.gov, Workspace, ASSIST, etc.), have you given the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) access to the proposal in that system?
- Did you follow ALL sponsor formatting requirements and page limits?
- Did you run all validation checks in the eGC1 and sponsor electronic submission systems?
- Is all information in the eGC1, including dates, budget, and compliance questions consistent with the application?
- Did you proofread and correct any mistakes in the application?
- Is the entire proposal in final format, including all required sponsor forms, components, sections, and attachments?
- Have you replaced draft documents with final versions, including updating titles to remove “draft” and replace with “final”?
- Did you organize required sponsor documents as either:
- a single file in order specified by sponsor, OR
- 2 PDF files: one containing the entire grant application (ordered as specified by the sponsor); the other containing just pages requiring signatures.
- Did you address all of required changes from OSP’s review?
- Did you mark the eGC1 “Ready to Submit” YES
- When do I need to use an eGC1?
- CORE class for SAGE: Creating & Submitting eGC1s
- Help Prevent Submission Headaches: Proposal Format Reminders
- GIM 1: Review and Submission Requirements for Proposals
- GIM 19: Internal Deadlines for Proposals to External Entities
- SAGE Guide – Process Application: Composing, Withdrawn, Returned Statuses