UW Research

Frequently-Asked Questions

How do I know if an NIH award is SNAP eligible?

MyResearch: Funding Status, GrantTracker: Budget Information, and the Notice of Award all indicate Streamlined Noncompeting Award Procedures (SNAP) eligibility.

Some types of awards (i.e. F-series, T-series, etc.) are never SNAP eligible.

The Notice of Award (NoA) Section III – Terms and Conditions should detail if the award is SNAP eligible.

As of 10/31/18, active UW affiliated PIs have been delegated Submit Authority in eRA Commons for SNAP eligible Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPRs).  

OSP will grant newly affiliated PIs submit authority in eRA Commons the last business day of each month. Need submit authority sooner? Email osp@uw.edu


MyResearch: Funding Status SNAP Indicator

MyResearch Funding Status Card for an award showing SNAP eligibility indicatorMyResearch Funding Status indicates SNAP eligibility  to the right of the sponsor name (NIH).






GrantTracker: Budget Information SNAP Indicator

snapshot illustrating the budget information details from GrantTracker system. Purple box highlights SNAP (Y/N) field

GrantTracker indicates SNAP eligible awards eligible in the Budget Information section.