Other Sponsored Activity (OSA) is sponsored activity that is not instruction or organized research. OSA is activity that benefits the general public or sectors of the community. OSA proposals run through OSP on an eGC1.
- Community outreach or development of public education programs
- Workshops or Conferences for professional development of non-UW personnel, students
- Health programs, inside or outside the U.S.
- Capacity building grants
- Enhancing clinical care through development of new programs, methods or processes
- Enhancing learning tools or academic programs for non-UW entities through development of new programs, methods or processes
- Library acquisitions
- Travel grants
- Collecting data (prospective) for the purpose of entering into a repository or registry (no analysis beyond ensuring data eligible for entry)
- Retrospective chart reviews for data sharing into a repository or registry (no analysis beyond ensuring data eligible for entry)
- Maintaining a registry
For more information on the types of institutional activity and their associated Facilities and Administrative (F&A) rates, see GIM 13.
When deciding whether OSA is the correct activity type to select on the eGC1, first consider whether the activity is a sponsored program.