An eGC1 for a Non-Award Agreement is how OSP receives your request to review an agreement. Approval of the eGC1 does not imply approval or acceptance of the agreement. Review more details on the NAA approval process.
Use Status Checker to find the status of a non-award agreement.
Required eGC1 Fields
The SAGE system requires certain eGC1 fields have an entry before it will allow you to route an eGC1 to OSP. To find out which fields are required by SAGE, use Check for Errors within the eGC1.
Other fields, while not required by the system, are required by OSP and noted in these instructions.
eGC1s with incomplete or incorrect information in the OSP required fields will be returned which may delay processing your request.
Non-Award Agreement eGC1 Instructions
Instructions for completing a non-award agreement eGC1 include information on which fields are required by OSP and by SAGE.
System required fields on the Details page include: Full Application Title, Short Title, Start and End Dates, Application Type, Project Type, Sponsored Program Activity (SPA) Type , and Sponsor fields.
- Full and Short Titles: Make these something meaningful
- Start and End Dates: Enter the Agreement period of performance if there is one. If not, enter “today” as the Start Date and enter an End Date at a time after that.
- Sponsor Deadline: Not required
- Date needed from OSP: Not required
- Organization Code
- Application Type: Non-Award Agreement (new) for new agreements, or Non-Award Agreement (modification) for an amendment that modifies the terms of an existing agreement
- After the Fact application will default to [YES]
- Project Type: Select Contract
- Sponsored Program Activity (SPA) Type: Select Other Sponsored Activity
- Sponsor Details: Select correct Sponsor (or other party) Name
- Include the “Sponsor” contact name and email – OSP requires this information
- Add the phone number if available
- Additional Information: If you have a related eGC1 number (i.e. sponsored project or previous NAA) enter it here. This really puts your request in context.
PI, Personnel, & Organization Page
Enter the name of the Investigator, and any Senior / Key Personnel who will have the confidential discussion, handle the data or material, work on the project etc.
Contacts & Assign Access
Enter the Administrative Contact (could be same as the eGC1 preparer). This is the person we will contact with questions.
Abstract & RFA/RFP
- Describe the goal(s), specific objectives, deliverables and/or summarize expected outcomes and purpose of the agreement in as much detail as possible.
- Include any special requirements, contextual information on what is happening, or conditions you think might help us understand your need.
- What will the UW receive?
- Is there UW background Intellectual Property (IP) involved
Describing the purpose and goals in detail so that OSP understands the nature of the transaction can help prevent delays in processing your request.
Required by the system (all three sections). Enter the location where the activity will occur and click through the other two sections. For example: If you generated the data you are transferring in your lab at SLU, list the SLU location.
Budget & Fiscal Compliance/Cost Sharing
Tab straight through both of these sections. There is nothing required here.
All sections (Human Subjects, Animal Use, Environmental H&S, Equipment & Materials, Data & Technology) are required by SAGE. The answers here help OSP understand the terms that may need to be addressed in the agreement. In some cases additional approvals, licenses or tech transfer review might be needed before you proceed.
Confidential Disclosure Agreements/ Non-Disclosure Agreements (CDA/NDA) and the Human Subjects Section
CDAs and NDAs are most often used for preliminary discussions of a potential research project. Remember that, on the eGC1 for a CDA / NDA, these questions relate only to the information that will be disclosed in the preliminary discussion — not to the information that will be shared later for the actual project.
It is very rare for human subjects data to be disclosed in a preliminary discussion, and an unnecessary “yes” answer in this section will delay processing of your agreement.
- Attach an editable version of the agreement being reviewed.
- Attach any background or back-up documents that will help OSP review.
- Examples: Communications with the other party, a protocol that relates to a data transfer etc.
After an eGC1 is routed to OSP, a reviewer is assigned who confirms the required info is included.
Once the information on the eGC1 is confirmed, the OSP reviewer:
- Reviews & Approves eGC1
- eGC1 approval does not imply approval or acceptance of agreement
- Creates related Non-Award Agreement admin action (NAA)
- Reviews and negotiates agreement
- Attaches the Fully Executed Agreement
- Approves NAA admin action
Status Checker will display status of an NAA.