UW Research
Frequently-Asked Questions

I will be a consultant on another University’s federal assistance award, does this make me a subrecipient on that award?

A consultant at the UW can be hired by another University off a prime federal assistance award, but that does not in and of itself render the UW a subrecipient. Generally, a consultant receives a professional services contract.

Sponsored Program or Service
Sponsored Program Indicators