UW Research
Frequently-Asked Questions

Can a start-up company started by a UW employee apply for SBIR or STTR funding?

Yes. Keep these two things in mind:

  • UW Faculty can’t serve as the PI of the SBIR or STTR grant and PI of the UW portion of the research at the same time.
  • Investigators involved on the project must disclose any potential significant financial interest via FIDS.

Review more information on proposals with Industry Sponsors.