December 4, 2019
Six Faculty Members Named American Association for the Advancement of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science has named six faculty members from the University of Washington as AAAS Fellows, according to a Nov. 26 announcement. They are part of a cohort of 443 new fellows for 2019, all chosen by their peers for “scientifically or socially distinguished efforts to advance science or its applications.”
The six UW faculty members who have been named as fellows are:
- Karl Banse, Oceanography
- Simon Hay, Health Metrics Sciences
- Michael Lagunoff, Microbiology
- Raymond Monnat, Jr, Pathology and Genome Sciences
- Julia Parrish, Aquatic and Fishery Sciences
- Eric Steig, Earth and Space Sciences
In addition, Harmit Malik, an investigator at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and an affiliate professor of genome sciences at the UW, was selected for his research on genetic conflict.
Read the Full Article on UW News.