January 26, 2022
SAGE Budget Legacy Upgrade and Retirement
Jan. 29, 2022 Update: All legacy format SAGE Budgets have been upgraded to the new (current) design, and the system is back online. Thank you for your patience during our extended system maintenance.
As mentioned earlier in the fall, all legacy format SAGE Budgets will be upgraded to the new (current) design.
When is the SAGE Budget Upgrade Taking Place?
The upgrade will begin on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022 at 5:30 p.m., and continue through Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022 around 2 p.m.
SAGE will be unavailable for the duration of the upgrade, so please plan to complete your work in SAGE outside of these hours.
What Happens During the Upgrade?
- All SAGE Budgets created using the legacy format will be automatically upgraded to the new (current) design. NOTE: An “Upgraded” icon will display on your budget list next to budgets that have been upgraded to the new design.
- The option to create SAGE Budgets using the legacy format will no longer be available.
- After the upgrade is complete, your budget will open in the new (current) design.
- On the History page, snapshots of legacy budgets will display in the new (current) design.
- Auto Adjusting Entries (AAE) will not be available. AAE will be converted to a standard costs line on the primary worksheet, with a note, “Converted Auto Adjusting Line.” The following budget details will remain the same:
- Object/sub-object code
- Cost amount
Will Budget Access, Costs, and Settings Remain the Same?
Those who had access to your legacy budgets will have the same access to the upgraded budget.
All costs and settings that were enabled on your legacy budgets will be enabled in the upgraded budget (except for AAE – see above).
Why is the Legacy Budget Format Being Retired?
Over the last few years, we have collected your feedback, redesigned, and added several features to ensure SAGE Budget meets your core needs.
Retiring the legacy budget format allows us to focus our future enhancements in the new design. This is especially important as we prepare for the critical role that SAGE Budget will play in communicating award budget information to the new Workday financial system.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.