NOTE: This course is no longer offered.
This course is designed to help department staff manage their NRSA training grants and fellowships. The course provides an overview of sponsor and UW policy and seeks to answer questions such as:
- What’s the best way to manage trainee appointments?
- What costs are and are not allowed on training grants?
- What are NIH’s rebudgeting restrictions and how does that affect the award?
- What are “unliquidated obligations” and how do I calculate that amount?
- What are common pitfalls to avoid when managing a training grant?
The class is focused on post-award administration of NRSA training grants and fellowships.
Designed for staff with a beginning to intermediate knowledge of these awards
Research Administration Certificate