Changes due to FT
This course will be on hold as of July 6, 2023 for updates due to Financial Transformation. Registration for this course will be closed at that time. Target release date for the updated course is Winter quarter, 2024.
This online class introduces foundational concepts and practices in sponsored project budget development. To fully benefit from this course you should first complete the Introduction to Research Administration class or have some experience at the UW in research administration already.
This online introduction to sponsored project budgets covers:
- Characteristics and features of sponsored projects
- The 4 cost principles and how to apply them in basic budget development scenarios
- Definitions and examples of direct costs in simple sponsored project budgets
- Definitions and examples of indirect (F&A) costs and how to calculate them for a simple sponsored project budget
- Which GIMs apply to sponsored project budget development and where to find them
- How to apply UW object codes to sponsored project cost categories
- How to apply fringe benefits rates in simple sponsored project budgets
You must register for this class in order to access the content. The link to the class will be included in your enrollment confirmation email which you should receive shortly after registering.
Completion all of quizzes and final assessment is required to receive credit for this class on your CORE transcript.
People new to preparing budgets for sponsored projects, staff who need to understand components of budgets for sponsored projects
Research Administration Certificate