Web Based CITI Training
The UW has partnered with the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) to provide free online training for those who are affiliated with UW or collaborating with someone who is affiliated with UW in:
- Human Subjects Protections
- Good Clinical Practice
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Community-Engaged and Community-Based Participatory Research
Refresher options are available for Human Subjects Protections training and Good Clinical Practice training.
To set up your account:
- Go to citiprogram.org and click “Register”.
- Select “University of Washington” as your organizational affiliation.
- Select “Continue to Step 2” and complete the remaining steps in the registration process.
To register for a course:
- From the Main Menu, select “View Courses” by University of Washington
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Add a Course” under Learner Tools
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose the top box, “I am registering to take a CITI course for the first time”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose:
- “Research with human subjects” for basic human subjects protections training
- “Research with human subjects (Refresher)” if you have previously taken the basic human subjects protections course and need to take refresher training
- “Good Clinical Practice” for GCP training tailored to drug and device trials
- “GCP – Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research” for GCP training tailored to behavioral trials
- “Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training for any researcher supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF)”, for RCR training
- “Community-Engaged and Community-Based Participatory Research” for training in Community-Engaged and Community-Based Participatory Research
The course(s) you need should be added to your account. Additional courses can be added at any time following the same steps.
For more support, see our step-by-step account setup and registration instructions.