UW Research

Frequently-Asked Questions

When do I need to prepare an eGC1 for a progress report?

While an eGC1 is not required when the sponsor allows direct submission of a progress report, an eGC1 is still required for many other types of progress reports.

OSP will return eGC1s without review when submitted and they are not needed.

Route a Non-Competing Renewal eGC1 when a sponsor:

Requires OSP signature or submission on a progress report such as:

  • NIH non-SNAP eligible awards.
  • Some federal flow-through awards, IF the pass-through entity requires a signature or a Letter of Intent.
    • Don’t assume they require a signature.
    • Confirm with the pass-through entity before preparing an eGC1.

eGC1s are NOT needed for progress reports/RPPRs when:

  • Sponsor allows direct submission of the progress report by the PI.
  • NIH: SNAP eligible Annual, Interim, and Final RPPRs.
  • Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (FHCC)
    • FHCC does not require OSP signature on progress report materials / Letter of Intent for non-competing years.

Whether an eGC1 is required for a progress report or not, don’t forget to update the personnel section of the original eGC1 whenever personnel join or leave a research project.

Personnel added to an eGC1 will need to complete disclosure in the Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS).