UW Research
Frequently-Asked Questions

Pass-through federal funding: Is it a Sponsored Program?

How do you know if pass-through federal funding should be treated as a sponsored program?

  • The federal funding from the pass-through entity must be funding research, instruction, or other sponsored activity.
  • The pass-through entity sponsor must also consider the UW a subrecipient.
  • There are also specific requirements for a subrecipient, such as being responsible for programmatic decision making as opposed to providing goods or services.

Learn more: