February 1, 2024
Grant Runner Submission Issues: Resolved
2/1/24, 12: 45 p.m. UPDATE: Grant Runner issues resolved. If you would like OSP to attempt a resubmission on your behalf for 2/5 items, resubmit your previously returned Grant Runner eGC1 today.
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) has reported errors in Grant Runner application submission for the upcoming February 5th deadline. This error prevents submission of the application to NIH.
A targeted message will be sent to eGC1 preparers with Grant Runner applications at risk of experiencing this issue. If you do experience issues, you must take the following actions to ensure your application is submitted to the NIH in time:
- Initiate an ASSIST application
- Create and route a new eGC1, and include the following
- Reference the ASSIST application # in the comments
- If you received an email from ORIS and OSP regarding this issue, attach a copy of the email to your eGC1
- Have your complete and “Ready to Submit” eGC1 and ASSIST application material to OSP no later than 8:00 a.m., Monday, February 5th.
OSP is issuing a blanket GIM 19 waiver only for Grant Runner eGC1s for the February 5th NIH deadline that were in OSP, “Ready to Submit” by 5:00 p.m. on January 31st. Please note that OSP will provide little to no review of those proposals beyond submission errors to meet the sponsor deadline.
We apologize for this inconvenience and will work to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. We will update this announcement once we have more information.