The mission of the AIDS Clinical Trials Unit is to:
- Conduct clinical research in order to answer questions about how HIV works and affects the immune system.
- Study the natural history of HIV/AIDS and its associated complications over time.
- Help develop new treatments for HIV/AIDS.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of treatments already available for both short term and long term use.
- Educate communities in the Northwest about the need for clinical trials in all populations.
- Provide equal access to all those who wish to participate, including minorities, women and injection drug users.
National Institutes of Health National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) 2007-2013
King Holmes, Director of the Center for AIDS and STD
Wes Van Voorhis, Head of Division of AID
Related UW Entities
School of Medicine: Department of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Department of Neurology
School of Pharmacy