UW Research
Frequently-Asked Questions

I want to submit a request to my sponsor to extend the end date of my project. I probably won’t get formal sponsor approval in place before the end date. What can I do?

You can request a temporary internal extension. The PI must provide an alternative non-sponsored worktag number along with the Extension request

GCA can’t invoice sponsors for expenses after the current approved end date of the project.
If the sponsor does not approve the extension request then the PI will need to cover the expenses incurred after the current approved end date.