Each Funding Action has a status that can change based on manual action by the user. The status reflects where the FA is in the whole grant lifecycle from In OSP to Processed.
A Funding Action may have one of the following statuses:
- In OSP: Initial status for a new FA. OSP staff can edit FAs with this status.
- Approved: When you click the Approve link in the left navigation, the status of an FA changes from In OSP to Approved. An FA must have an Approved parent application and be in a Cycle before you can approve it. OSP staff can still unlock and edit an FA with this status.
- In GCA: When you click the Send to GCA link in the left navigation, the status of an FA changes from Approved to In GCA. An FA must have a status of Approved, and not be on Hold, before you can send it to GCA. OSP staff cannot edit an FA with this status.
- Returned By GCA: An FA has this status when GCA sends it back to OSP to add or correct information. OSP staff can unlock and edit an FA with this status. When GCA returns the item, the system assigns it to the Prepared By person (or to the Failover Team if the person is no longer OSP staff). NOTE: You can personalized your Tasklist to help you identify these returned transactions.
- Re-Sent By OSP: An FA has this status after you edit an FA that has a Returned by GCA status and resend it to GCA. OSP cannot edit an FA with this status.
- Duplicate: An FA has this status when you click the Mark as Duplication link. You must enter the number of the existing FA this FA duplicates to assign this status.
- Denied: An FA has this status when you click the Deny link in the left navigation.
- Processed: An FA has this status after GCA has fully processed the FA and notified campus. OSP cannot edit an FA with this status.
To view status history
If you have any questions about the status of a funding action, you can check its Status Page for the details.