OSP staff use SPAERC (Sponsored Projects Administration & Electronic Research Compliance) to:
- Review and approve applications
- Create funding and administrative actions
- Manage subawards
- Organize related applications, subawards, and actions into cycles.
The following image shows the SPAERC “tabs” for accessing items.
To use SPAERC, one of the OSP ASTRA administrators must give you access. There are several OSP roles available:
- OSP Administrator is for OSP staff in general
- OSP Subcontracts is for OSP staff in the subcontracts group
- OSP System Administrator has additional authority and is limited to a few OSP staff
- SPAERC Read-Only is for central office employees outside of OSP who need to view applications and related items