The Disclosure Notification section appears on the PI & Personnel page.
The Send Disclosure Notification button is used to notify investigators that they have to complete a disclosure (thus linking the disclosure with the eGC1). The button displays both before and after OSP approves the eGC1.
Note: If the Sponsor name (on the Details page) is either blank or “Pending – Notify OSP of Correct Sponsor” the Send Disclosure Notifications button will be grayed out, and an alert message displays. Once you select a Sponsor, the button will become active.
You should send Disclosure Notifications:
- As soon as possible when the eGC1 is composing. If you haven’t sent the notifications before you complete the eGC1, SAGE will automatically send them (at Noon and 10:00 PM daily).
- Whenever you add a new investigator.
- At Just in Time (JIT) for eGC1s that were approved prior to 8/17/2012.
To send an email message to let each investigator know that they need to complete a disclosure, click the Send Disclosure Notifications button. Once you send the notification, the Compliance Details information (in the Personnel section) will change from “Disclosure Notification not Sent” to “Disclosure Required”.
If an investigator has an unlisted email, that information will display under their name in the Personnel section. When you select the Send Disclosure Notifications button, an informational message appears, explaining that the standard email text (as shown below) will be included in an email to the eGC1 Preparer with instructions to forward it to the investigator.
Note: SAGE will send only one email notification to each investigator. If an investigator misplaces the email message, they can access FIDS at http://www.washington.edu/research/tools/fids/
Disclosure message details
- Subject Line: Indicates that action is required to complete a disclosure for a specific eGC1
- Email Content: Includes the following information:
- The investigator’s role
- The eGC1’s number and title
- The PI’s name
- The sponsor and sponsor’s deadline
- A link to access FIDS and instructions to get started
- OSP deadline information from GIM 19 Internal Deadlines for Proposals to External Entities
- A reminder about FCOI training for Institutional Review Required (IRR) sponsors