This section is for the Facilities and Administrative costs (also known as “indirect costs”) associated with this budget.
For details about F&A, see GIM 13 Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Rates.
- Amount subject to F&A costs (base)
- Calculate and enter the amount of Direct Costs to which the F&A cost rates will be applied. This may be Modified Total Direct Costs (MTDC), Total Direct Costs, or zero (no F&A costs charged). Use the sponsor guidelines and GIM 13 to determine which method of calculation you should use. For Industry Sponsored Clinical Trials, apply the 25% indirect cost rate to the TOTAL direct costs. This includes items often listed in subcategories (for example: IRB review fees, IRB processing, pharmacy set-up, study start-up fees).
- F&A cost rate
- Enter the F&A cost rate that applies to your proposal (for example, 54.5%). Enter Multiple in this field when:
- Your project includes multiple locations, each with its own rate;
- More than one F&A negotiated rate is in effect for the period in question.
Do not enter Multiple in cases where the F&A rate changes over the life of the project, but remains stable for the period in question.
- Total F&A costs
- Calculate and enter the F&A costs for the first budget period and the total for all budget periods.Hint: SAGE Budget calculates F&A costs automatically for you.