You can make a copy of any standard eGC1 that you have access to by clicking on the Copy icon in the top, right corner of the eGC1 page.
Note: When you copy a Grant Runner eGC1, the new eGC1 will be a standard one.
When you select the Copy icon, you will see an information page listing what data is not copied. This information is also detailed below.
Click the Confirm Copy button to complete the process. The page will refresh and will display the Details page of the new eGC1.
You also have the option to Cancel the copy process, or to Print a basic version of the information page for reference.
You may find it useful to copy an eGC1 when you want to:
- Create a template eGC1 with a PI, Contacts, and the Cost Center Receiving Funding to use as the basis for new eGC1s. Leave it in Composing status so you can reuse it as needed
- Revise an earlier application that was not funded
- Submit a non-competing renewal
- Submit a single application to multiple sponsors
Data NOT copied from the original eGC1:
- Specific dates, such as the sponsor deadline, the start and end dates
- Cost Center – either Receiving Funding or Additional Organizational Unit Reviewers: If a Cost Center on your original eGC1 is above the department level or expired, the system will not copy it, so you will need to select a new Cost Center
- Sponsor: If the sponsor on your original eGC1 is no longer active, the system will not copy it, so you will need to select a new sponsor.
- Connected Budgets
- Cost Sharing data
- Personnel Investigator Status; it will default to Yes
- Answers to Compliance Questions
- Attached files
- Sponsor forms included in Grant Runner applications
- The Approval Graph
- Any Post-Approval Personnel Changes