You may only use the Multiple PI role when specifically allowed or required by the sponsor instructions. In this case,
- Identify the UW Contact PI as the “Principal Investigator” on the eGC1
- List all multiple PIs on the Personnel page of the eGC1 and choose “Multiple PI” from the drop down list
If the Multiple PI is a UW person, SAGE will add the Multiple PI to the Approval Flow and send an “approval required” email notification at the appropriate time. As part of the approval process, the UW Multiple PIs are required to certify the PI Assurance Statement. The image below shows the assurance statement in the approval dialog.
The statement reads:
Principal Investigator/Program Director Assurance: I certify that the statements in this eGC1 and the related sponsor application are true, complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I am aware that any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or claims may subject me to criminal, civil, or administrative penalties. I agree to accept responsibility for the scientific conduct of the project and to provide the required progress reports if a grant is awarded as a result of this application.
The approval/agreement reads:
I am the PI and I have read and agree with the PI Assurance Statement. I understand that approving this eGC1 electronically is equivalent to my signature.
If the Multiple PI is a non-UW person, SAGE will not add them to the approval graph. The eGC1 PI is responsible for securing and retaining assurance statements for non-UW Multiple PIs in their local files.
Non-UW Multiple PI Assurance Statement Instructions
- Download the Non-UW Multiple PI Assurance Statement (PDF)
- Include the UW PI name, eGC1 # and Project Title
- Send to Multiple PI for signature
- Retain signed copy in local unit files