Recreation

September 6, 2022

Five questions with Punya Shetty

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

A photo of Punya Shetty. She is wearing a green dress and black sweater, smiling into the camera, in front of cherry blossoms.I am Punya Shetty. I am based out of Bangalore, India and am currently pursuing a two-year Early Career Master of Science in Information Management program from the iSchool with a specialization in data science. I am passionate about trekking and running. I hope to run a full marathon in this lifetime. My favorite hobby is binge-watching TV shows, and I love meeting new people.

What’s your favorite thing about Rec?

I love the Cycling studio classes included with the Rec Class Pass. It is an easy way to meet new people and stay healthy at the same time.

Do you have any suggestions or advice for new (or returning) students to get involved with Recreation?

I believe that working with Rec helps you hone the skills you already have and develop new soft skills which would help immensely in your career trajectory as well. This is a great way to network and meet fellow students from different cultures and traditions. There are ample leadership opportunities that you could grab and work on time management and teamwork.

How have you participated in Rec?

I serve as the Web Management Lead for UW Recreation’s Creative team. I am also a part of the Student Employee Leadership Board representing the Creative Team.

Do you have a highlight or two about your experience that you’d like to share?

I have had an amazing time working with my supervisor, Robin. She is really patient and adaptable. Working at Rec has given me a lot of additional benefits like the Rec Class Pass and knowing about all of the latest activities that happen within Recreation.