The Waterfront Activities Center, located directly behind Husky Stadium on Union Bay and the Montlake Cut, offers canoe and rowboat rentals (discounted for UW students and UW faculty/staff), storage of non-motorized watercraft, and a banquet/meeting room available for group events. Follow the WAC on Facebook!
View the WAC location on the campus map in a new window.
UW Box 354050
3710 Montlake Blvd. NE
Seattle, WA 98195
Parking is free after 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Saturdays and all day Sundays/holidays.
Sound Transit Light Rail has arrived at UW. Avoid parking issues and use light rail, conveniently located by Husky Stadium and the WAC.
Building Hours and Holiday Closures
Mon-Fri, 10:00a-7:00p Sat/Sun/Holidays, 10:00a-7:00p
* Building hours are not the same as boat rental hours.
Please see “Canoe & Rowboat Rentals” page for current rental hours.
Building closures are as follows:
- Winter Holidays, Dec. 17, 2016 – Jan. 2, 2017
- Martin Luther King Holiday, Jan. 14-16, 2017
- President’s Day Holiday, Feb. 18-20, 2017
- Veteran’s Day Holiday, Nov. 10-12, 2017
- Thanksgiving Holiday, Nov. 23-26, 2017
- Winter Holidays, Dec. 16, 2017 – Jan. 1, 2018
Special Notice for Seafair Weekend
During Seafair Weekend (August 5 & 6), WAC boats are not allowed passage to Lake Washington; all boats must remain in the Union Bay area. Due to extremely heavy motorized boat traffic, WAC boat rentals are paused before, during, and just after, the Blue Angels show; approximately 12:30p – 3:15p (subject to change).