AccessCollege: Postsecondary Education and Students with Disabilities
The following websites help faculty, administrators, and staff create accessible environments, programs, and resources for students with disabilities and help students with disabilities prepare for and succeed in college.
How to create an inclusive postsecondary learning environment. View more videos.
- The Faculty Room - for faculty and academic administrators.
- The Student Services Conference Room - for staff and administrators.
- The Employment Office - for employers and career services.
- The Student Lounge - for students with disabilities.
- The Veterans Center - for veterans with disabilities and those who work with them.
- The Board Room - for high-level administrators.
- The Center for Universal Design in Education - principles, processes, guidelines, checklists, and promising practices for applying universal design to instruction, student services, technology, and physical spaces.
Initial funding for these websites was provided by the U.S. Department of Education through three Demonstration Projects to Ensure Quality Higher Education for Students with Disabilities. Much of the content is duplicated in other publications, training materials, and web pages published by DO-IT. For more information, consult AccessCollege: Systemic Change for Postsecondary Institutions. For evidence of success, view the report Summary of Results from Grants from the Office of Postsecondary Education.