AccessSTEM helps students with disabilities succeed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and reach critical junctures on paths toward college studies and careers in STEM. AccessSTEM shares promising practices to help K-12 teachers, postsecondary faculty, and employers make classroom and employment opportunities in STEM accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- Join a Community of Practice
Participate in online discussions and learn of opportunities to promote the AccessSTEM initiative.
- Learn the Basics about STEM and People with Disabilities
View a video and read a publication about how people with disabilities can succeed in STEM academic programs and careers.
- Find STEM Resources from DO-IT
See publications, videos, and training materials.
- See How to Use Accessible Science Equipment
Accessible science equipment makes science labs accessible to all students.
- Facilitate Accessibility Reviews of Informal Science Education Facilities and Programs
How to help students conduct their own accessibility reviews.
- Learn More about AccessSTEM
Read about project goals, objectives, activities, leadership, and sponsorship.