AccessISL supports efforts to develop a capacity building model for making informal STEM learning (ISL) opportunities more welcoming and accessible to individuals with disabilities. The project will prepare the University of Washington for the submission of a larger accessible ISL grant as collaborators develop and test model interventions, more fully develop replication steps, and gain insights from both people with disabilities and practitioners. All stakeholders are encouraged to join this effort.
- Join the Community of Practice
Participate in discussions and learn of opportunities to promote the increased participation of people with disabilities in informal science education offerings, training programs, and careers.
- Meet the AccessISL Staff and Leadership Team
Learn about the people working to make AccessISL a success.
- NEW! Creating Inclusive Learning Opportunities in Higher Education: A Universal Design Toolkit
Order this must-have book that has how-to instructions for applying UD to everything we do in higher education, and complements the 2015 book Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice.
- Watch the video Graduate School and Students with Disabilities
Graduate students with disabilities, working with faculty and disability services, can have successful grad school experiences, complete their degrees, and enter rewarding careers.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Your Informal STEM Learning Project
A checklist for making informal science learning welcoming, accessible, and usable
- Facilitating Accessibility Reviews of Informal Science Education Facilities and Programs
A resource to help you develop your own accessibility review of informal science education facilities and programs.
- Watch the Video Quality Education Is Accessible
Students with a variety of disabilities share strategies for making instruction more accessible to them.
- Read Universal Design in Higher Education: Promising Practices
Discover practices for implementing universal design, with opportunities for you to contribute to the collection in this online book.
- Review Q&As, Promising Practices, and Case Studies
Explore the Knowledge Base for answers to specific questions and evidence-based practices.