AccessEngineering increases the participation of people with disabilities in engineering academic programs and careers. Project staff engage faculty and students nationwide in efforts to (1) better serve a diverse student body, including students with a broad range of disabilities, in engineering courses and programs, and (2) integrate relevant disability-related and universal design content into engineering courses. Ultimately, project efforts will benefit society by increasing participation in engineering fields and enhancing these fields through the talents and perspectives of people with disabilities.
All stakeholders are encouraged to join this effort.
- Join the Community of Practice
Participate in discussions and learn of opportunities to promote the increased participation of people with disabilities in engineering education and careers.
- Meet the AccessEngineering Staff and Leadership Team
Learn about the people working to make AccessEngineering a success.
- Read Profiles of Students and Professionals with Disabilities in Engineering Fields
See how individuals with disabilities are succeeding in engineering majors and careers.
- Discover Curriculum Focused on Including Universal Design in Engineering
Find resources and example courses that help integrate relevant disability, accessibility, and universal design content into engineering and computing courses.
- Watch a Video on Engaging Individuals with Disabilities in an Engineering Research Center
Learn more about accessibility and universal design within an engineering research center.
- Learn More about the AccessEngineering Project
Read the project goals and learn more about how the team works to promote accessibility.