AccessERC works with Engineering Research Centers (ERCs) to promote more inclusive offerings.
- Learn More About AccessERC and ERC-INCLUDES
Read about project goals, objectives, activities, leadership, and sponsorship.
- NEW! Creating Inclusive Learning Opportunities in Higher Education: A Universal Design Toolkit
Order this must-have book that has how-to instructions for applying UD to everything we do in higher education, and complements the 2015 book Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice. Learn more in this podcast episode of Trending in Education.
- Join a Mentoring Community for Students with Disabilities
Engage with other students with peers, near peers, and mentors in STEM programs and careers.
- Hear from Students with Disabilities Succeeding in ERCs
Read case studies of students who have thrived at an ERC and their perspectives on the accessibility of classrooms and labs.
- Watch Engaging Individuals with Disabilities in an Engineering Research Center
Stakeholders and collaborators in DO-IT's AccessERC project discuss universal design, accessible information technology, accessible engineering labs, and more.
- Read Equal Access: Universal Design of Your Engineering Research Center (ERC)
Access a checklist for making your ERC welcoming, accessible, and usable.
- Join a Community of Practice
Engage in online discussions in communities tailored to specific audiences.
- Learn How to Create an Accessible ERC, Engineering Lab, or Makerspace
Discover checklists and resources to create a space that is welcoming and accessible to people with disabilities.
- Discover Methods to Broaden Participation from Our ERC Promising Practices
Read an article on tried methods for broadening participation by including more individuals with disabilities in STEM.
- Meet Our Partners
Learn about and engage with ERCs across the United States.