- Study abroad requires careful financial planning.
- Make sure you know what is covered by program fees.
- There will be additional expenses to plan for, some due before the program begins.
- In some cases, program budgets are included in the program brochure. Otherwise, request a budget from UW Study Abroad to help you plan.
- Take a realistic assessment of the amount of personal funds, financial aid, and other sources of financial support that are available to you.
- Although you may qualify for scholarships to assist with the costs of your program, it is best to not rely on scholarships as your primary source of funding. Instead, count on the resources already available to you or sources of financial support you expect to receive, such as your federal financial aid package.