Universal Design of Instruction in Postsecondary Education
The resources below are for ensuring that instruction, including curriculum and assessment, is accessible to all students.
- Universal Design of Instruction: Definition, Principles, and Examples
Universal design principles applied to curriculum, educational technology, teaching strategies, and classroom activities.
- Video: Universal Design of Instruction
A short video that shows how the universal design framework can be applied to instruction.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Instruction
A checklist to maximize the learning of all students.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of an Academic Department
Guidelines for making any college or university department accessible to all students.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computing Departments
Guidelines for making computer science information technology departments accessible to all students.
- Universal Design as a Topic of Instruction
Ideas for building universal design into a curriculum.
- Published Articles and Books
Publications on universal design of instruction in postsecondary education.