Resources for K-12 Educators
- Equal Access: Computer Labs
How to make computer labs accessible to people with disabilities.
- Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet
Students develop supportive relationships with adult mentors on the Internet.
- Real Connections: Making Distance Learning Accessible to Everyone
Guidelines for designing courses to fully include all students.
- Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination
Testimonials from successful youth and adults with disabilities regarding living successful, self-determined lives.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Learning Disabilities
Students and workers with learning disabilities demonstrate computer-based tools and strategies.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Mobility Impairments
People with mobility impairments demonstrate computer access technology.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments
People with visual and hearing impairments demonstrate computer technology for school and work.
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology
Adaptive technology and computer applications for people with disabilities.
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design
How to make web pages accessible to people with disabilities.
- Making Science Labs Accessible to Students with Disabilities
Designing science labs so that all students can fully participate.
- Universal Design of Instruction: Definition, Principles, and Examples
Making your lessons accessible to all students.
- Working Together: K-12 Teachers and Students with Disabilities
How to make school inclusive.
- Web Design & Development I
A project-based introduction to accessible web design developed for use primarily in secondary schools, grades 9-12. Frequently updated, this curriculum has been accessed by over 3,000 teachers in all 50 states.
- DO-IT Internet Lessons
A collection of short, instructional email messages that can be sent to precollege students to guide their exploration of the Internet. Online Resources Child Safety on the Information Highway - keep kids safe on the Internet.
Other Resource Lists
- K-12 Educators and Other Advocates Helping with Career Preparation
How K-12 teachers, parents, advisors, school-to-work staff and other K-12 educators can help students with disabilities prepare for employment.
- Disability-Related Resources on the Internet
Search for resources of interest to you.
- Resources for Science & Mathematics Teachers
Working with students who have disabilities.
- Technology and Universal Design
How to assure that students with disabilities have access to computer software, Web pages, and other instructional technology.