Including acessible technology in classrooms, labs, and academic departments.
- Access to Technology: An Online Tutorial
An overview of assistive technology as well as the design of accessible electronic and information technology.
- Designing Software that is Accessible to Individuals with Disabilities
Accessibility guidelines for software.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computer Labs
How to make computer labs accessible to people with disabilities.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computing Departments
How to make computing departments accessible to people with disabilities.
- Making Electronic Resources Accessible in Libraries
How libraries can ensure that everyone has access to their electronic resources.
- Resources in the Access Technology Center
A facility at the University of Washington that provides access to adaptive computer technology, consultation on the accessible design of websites and software, and the procurement of accessible technology.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Learning Disabilities
Students and workers with learning disabilities demonstrate computer-based tools and strategies.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Mobility Impairments
People with mobility impairments demonstrate computer access technology.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments
People with visual and hearing impairments demonstrate computer technology for school and work.
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology
Adaptive technology and computer applications for people with disabilities.
Accessible Web & Media
Creating web and media products that are accessible to everyone.
- 30 Web Accessibility Tips
How to create or deploy web-based resources that are fully accessible to all users.
- Creating Video and Multimedia Products That Are Accessible to People with Sensory Impairments
Guidelines and designing resources for accessible products.
- Example Websites in Higher Education
Sites that employ noteworthy techniques for making web content accessible to all.
- Universal Design of Web Pages in Class Projects
Options for instructors of web design courses and other instructors who have students create web pages as an activity in their classes to integrate accessibility content within any course.
- Web Accessibility: Guidelines for Administrators
Guidance for non-technical administrators regarding how to ensure that websites in their organizations are accessible to everyone.
- Web Design & Development
A project-based introduction to accessible web design developed for use primarily in secondary schools, grades 9-12. Frequently updated, this curriculum has been accessed by over 3,000 teachers in all 50 states.
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design
How to make web pages accessible to people with disabilities.
Software and devices designed to assist persons with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology used by DO-IT Scholars
Technology used by participants and students with disabilities.
- A Consumer Guide to Funding Sources in Washington State
Funding sources for the purchase of assistive technology.
- Introduction to the Screen Reader
A short video demonstrating how screen readers assist people who are blind to navigate the web and more. Produced by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Information Technology, featuring Neal Ewers of the Trace Research Centre.
- Hardware and software companies
Links to adaptive technology producers and distributors.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities: Assisstive Technology
Includes information on popular apps.
- Use of Telecommunications Products by People with Disabilities
Guidelines and resources for making telecommunication products accessible to everyone.