The following resources provide guidance on creating accessible videos.
- Captions: Improving Access to Postsecondary Education
- Captioning Lecture Capture Videos: A Promising Teaching Practice
- Creating Video and Multimedia Products that are Accessible to People with Sensory Impairments
- Creating Accessible Videos
Access Q&As, Case Studies and Promising Practices
- Is it better to caption or transcribe educational multimedia?
- DO-IT: A Promising Practice in Designing Accessible Videos
- Are there standards or guidelines for providing audio description?
- What is the difference between open and closed captioning
- What types of closed caption files do video players support?
- Who benefits from captions on videos?
- What is real-time captioning?
- Are there standards or guidelines for providing captions?
- Can captions be generated automatically using speech recognition?
- How do I turn on captions and audio description in my media player?
- Is there a way to add captions to a video that is already published?
- Captioning Parties: A Promising Practice in Building a Captioning Community
- How can educational entities plan an accessible video production?
- Find more in DO-IT’s Searchable Knowledge Base.