Welcome campers! We're glad you are here. We know you'll like hopping around the Internet with us. Here are a few places for you to explore. They were used in summer camp programs sponsored by DO-IT.
Learning About Yourself
- Learning-styles-online.com - discover your learning styles.
- Personality and Careers - knowing your MBTI can help you plan for a career.
Choosing a Major and Career
- Choosing a Major - explore tips for choosing your major.
- Major to Career Converter - learn what postsecondary education careers of interest to you require.
- Princeton Review Career Quiz - find out what careers might be a good match for you.
- O-Net Skills Search - take a skills test to help select a career.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - learn about different job types, earnings, prospects, working conditions, and more.
- Career One Stop - tools to help job seekers and students.
Preparing for College
- College: You Can DO-IT - video and publication on how to prepare for college.
- Preparing for College: An Online Tutorial - how to obtain reasonable accommodations on a college campus.
Choosing a College or University
- Colleges and Universities - use the Peterson's Planner to help choose a school.
- Index of American Universities - link to colleges and universities of interest to you.
- Get-Recruited - a program that brings students together with colleges, universities, graduate schools, and professional schools.
Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities in College
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities - get answers to frequently asked questions.
Succeeding in College and a Career
- 44 Resume Writing Tips - learn how to highlight your interests, skills, and experiences.
- College Survival Skills - guidelines for college success.
- Information Technology - using technology to maximize success in college and careers.
- Obtaining Accommodations in Higher Education - guidelines for requesting academic accommodations.
Comprehensive Resources for College Preparation
- College Preparation Resources for Students - explore a collection of resources compiled by DO-IT.
- College Planning for students with disabilities - explore this guide to plan for college.
- University of Washington - take a tour of the UW campus.
- AccessCAREERS - students with disabilities participating in work-based learning opportunities.
- ISEEK Skills Assessment - match current and future skills with career positions.
- DO-IT's Internet Lessons for Career Preparation - how to develop employment skills while you study.
- Going to College - prepare for college now.
- Applying for Admission - how to apply for college entrance.
- Disability Related Resources on the Internet - a collection of resources that may interest you.
- College Funding Strategies for Students with Disabilities - explore your funding options.
- FinAid - explore financial aid options.
- Resources for Students with Disabilities in Need of Financial Assistance - search financial aid resources for students with disabilities.
- INCIGHT Resources for Self Empowerment - link to more scholarships for students with disabilities.
- Student Aid on the Web - learn how to find and apply for financial aid.
- Yahoo Scholarship Programs - search for information about scholarships.
Role Models, Peers, and Mentors
- Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination - take advice for success from DO-IT participants.
- Success Stories - people with disabilities share experiences and careers.
- DO-IT Pals - an electronic community of teens with disabilities planning for college and careers.
- Famous People - learn about the disabilities of famous people.
- DO-IT Snapshots - send email to the DO-IT Scholars, successful teens and young adults with disabilities.
- CeDIR's Famous People with Disabilities - read about the lives of famous people with disabilities
- Open Futures, Role Models For Youth With Disabilities - learn about people with disabilities who followed their dreams.
- Succeeding in College and at Work: Students with Disabilities Tell Their Stories - a video collection supported from the New England ADA Center.
- DO-IT Mentors - learn about e-mentoring in the DO-IT program.
- Accessible Technology - read about the overview and value of technology access for people with disabilities.
- Lighthouse International Accessible Technology - learn about assistive technology products for people with visual impairments.
- AccessSTEM Knowledge Base - explore technology questions and answers.
- Virtually Hawaii: Virtual Field Trips - aloha from the islands! Find a volcano.
- WebCam Central - under "Location", find cameras from around the world.
- KIDS WEB JAPAN - how do Japanese kids take baths and much, much more.
- Mobility International USA - explore travel and exchange programs.
- Travel for Kids - unearth fun things to do in famous places around the world.
- Student Ambassador - get involved in international educational travel opportunities!
- Road Trip Nation - define your own road in life!
- American Camping Association - find fun summer camps.
- Frost's Summer Camp Guide - get information about other camps.
- My Summer Camps.com - explore links to other disability summer camps.
- Summer Day Camps - explore day camps.
- YMCA Camp Loowit campfire songs - here are the words to all those camp songs.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day - look what the satellites sent us today. Do you see any aliens?
- The Butterfly Zone - how many different types of butterflies are there?
- The Visible Human Project - a man gave his life so we could see his insides. Is that a lung?
- ARS Science 4 Kids! - click on the bee to find out about the living fossil that is half worm, half insect.
- Amusement Park Physics - build a roller coaster and see who falls off.
- Science of Baseball! - learn to hit a home run!
- Fantastic Forest - take a walk through the forest and find the animals hiding there.
- Funology.com - the science of having fun!
- dizABLED: Sports links - all kinds of wheelchair sports.
- SeaWorld - lots of scientific information and disabled-friendly exhibits at Seaworld parks.
Web Page Creation
- HTML Tutorial - want to make your own homepage?
- Creating an Effective Web Site - tips for creating a web site.
- Web Accessibility - learn about accessible web design.
- Resources on Accessible Web Design - explore web accessibility resources.
- Disability-Related Resources on the Internet - browse these helpful resources.
- dizABLED: Wheelchair Stuntman Cartoons: Wheelchair Sports - a cartoon strip featuring a person with a disability.
- Alliance of People with disabilities - learn about people with disabilities advocating for equality and choice.
- Disability Discrimination - learn about your rights under the ADA.
- A Little Rock on Mars - read about what a red rock observes when company comes.
- Dragonfly - an online magazine. [NOTE: This publication is no longer maintained.]
- Disney Stories - Online stories.
- BAB Books On-Line - a site dedicated to children and children's stories. Read along on-line.
Fun Places for Kids
- Free Arcade - free online games.
- Walt Disney - find out about your favorite Disney movie or character.
- The Science of Star Trek - ever wonder if tricorders and warp drive might be invented someday? Check out the answers here.
- The Internet Public Library--Youth Division - explore Culture Quest and learn about other areas of the world. And make a car in the So You Want to Make a Car section.
- Index of Native American Resources. - see Native American art, visit a museum, watch a movie.
- Seussville University - visit Dr. Seuss's land.
- Lemelson Center - who is your favorite inventor?
- Coloring.com - color a picture online and print it out.
- National Geographic Kids - discover interesting facts about people, animals, and places.
- 4Kids.org - browse through this website for a variety of fun topics!
- EPA Environmental Kids Club - engage yourself in fun and interesting things about the environment.
- Nickelodeon - fun for kids and teens.
- The White House - send the President a letter from the Kids White House page!
- Federal Government - everything you need to know about the federal government.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids - learn how our government works.
- KidsHealth - play some games about health, ask a doctor a question, watch a video about your muscles.
- LD Resources - read articles written by people who live with Learning Disabilities, find software that will help to organize you, and find out the latest information about Learning Disabilities.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration - learn to stay healthy.
- Healthfinder.gov - browse through information and games on health topics.
- Summer Camp Safety Guide - read guidelines for staying staff when participating in a summer camp.
- AccessSTEM - a comprehensive alliance helping increase the participation of people with disabilities in STEM careers.
- Geology for Kids - lesson plans and activities for teaching kids more about geology.
- MuseumStuff.com - 1000s of Museum related websites, virtual exhibits, games, contests, freebies and more.
- Science Museums - list of science museums.
- Exhibitions at the Canadian Museum of Nature - birds, dinosaur eggs, Trading post, and Mammals.
- The Exploratorium - an on-line science museum in San Francisco. Play with the exhibits!
- Neuroscience for Kids - discover the exciting world of the brain, spinal cord, neurons and the senses.
- NOAA - learn about NOAA.
- Science Kids - games, experiments, fun facts, jokes, videos, and more.
- The University of California Museum of Paleontology - learn about fossils and much, much more.
- Virtual Dinosaur Dig - step back in time.
- Zoom Dinosaurs - learn all about dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs for Kids - read and play games about dinosaurs.
- NASA Homepage - find out how to become an astronaut.
- NSSDC Photo gallery, Mars - want to see pictures of Mars?
- The Constellations and their Stars - what are constellations?
- Space - browse through this fun list of space sites.
- Volcano World - ever wondered what makes a volcano blow? Find answers to your questions here and view videos of actual volcanos.
- A Guide to Geology - an introduction and links to interesting sites.
- USA CityLink Project - find out about your home town and other cities.
- Virtual Tourist services - what's it like to live in another country?
- Seismology and Earthquakes - how many earthquakes were in the Northwest today?
- Smithsonian Museum - what could I see if I was in Washington D.C.?
- National Geographic Society - great pictures from around the world.
- KidsGeo.com - study the Earth by learning about its geography and geology.
- JMAC Geology Resources and Information - links for students and teachers.
- DO-IT Pals - an electronic community of students with disabilities, and mentors.
- DO-IT - how can I get involved with DO-IT?
- National Resources for Parents of Children and Youth with Disabilities - useful web links for parents.
- It's My Life. Family PBS Kids GO! - learn what other kids think about family.
Search for Yourself
- Google - type your topic into the box, press return, and follow the links Google finds for you.
- Ask - get answers to your questions.
- Bing - type your topic into the box, press return, and follow the links Bing finds for you.
- Yahoo! - type your topic into the box, press return, and follow the links Yahoo! finds for you.